Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had these fitted?

If so I am looking to find which Thule rack foot fits it. Is it the 757?

That one fits the Kuga and the Mondeo. They both look the same shape as the images I find for the B-MAX rails.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Yes I have roof bars on my bmax.......I think the rails may only fit the specific roof bars that you can buy from the ford websites...that is what I ended up having to buy to attach to roof bars....expensive but the main outlay was the rails

I could then fit Thule cycle racks(if that's what you want it for) to the ford bars

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thule-Railing-Rapid-System-Footpack/dp/B002NX0S4A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442524991&sr=8-1&keywords=thule+rapid+757

Is that similar to what Ford supply?

Do you have a picture/brochure for the Ford bars?

I was given a set of bars and two cycle racks the other day and the bars are the correct length. They also look in my opinion, as if they would fit the roof rails.

I will find out for sure in November but it would be interesting to know now.

How much did you pay for the rails and was fitting an extra?
Edited by: makem

·
Registered
3 Posts
The bars I have you can find on e bay under genuine Ford roof bars b max....I shall take an image of the foot of mine qtomorrow for you as the e bay image does not show the foot clearly
The bars are slightly different lengths. ...

the rails I fitted myself. ..I think I paid just under £300. It was not hard but took a little time. ..not technical really

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you.

There seem to be two types of rail available: solid ones which touch the roof along their full length and raised ones which touch where they attach.

The bars I have are adjustable for fixing point width and have measurements on the underside but they appeared to be the same length although I never checked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts