Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls, I have had my 2016 titanium x now for a couple of months now and loving it. Been reading the posts on the roof rack situation and now realise that am going to need the ford rails fitted. So looking for advice on were to get them from and can you fit them yourself.
Thanks Dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you want new then look at your local dealer, otherwise keep an eye on eBay, they crop up quite frequently.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I doubt you can get roof rails on ebay.

Do you mean roof bars?

The roof rails are only available from ford and once fitted would be an expensive job to remove and replace the trim.

I had mine fitted 'free' by the dealer as part of the purchase price but having looked at the trim they removed (I asked for it to be returned to me), I think it would be possible to fit DIY. Maybe you would need a torque wrench. Don't forget you need the end trims which is not supplied with the rails (at extra cost)

As a matter of interest the ford rails are a pain because the ford bars only fit in the set special places which may or may not be spaced to suit boxes unless there is some standard. I don't think any other bars would fit to ford rails safely.

Maybe somebody can advise?

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys just installed mine.
The roof mouldings were £50.
The roof rails were £300.
The roof bars were £200.
The roof box can come in all
Different sizes and makes.
I had a exodus which I believe
Is made by THULE.
All in all about £700/

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Thule boxes are great, but £700 just so you can carry a box on the roof seems a bit steep.

How muxh wind noise do they create?Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys just installed mine.
The roof mouldings were £50.
The roof rails were £300.
The roof bars were £200.
The roof box can come in all
Different sizes and makes.
I had a exodus which I believe
Is made by THULE.
All in all about £700/
Are the roof mouldings the ones that replace the standard mouldings when fitting the roof rails? I’ve ordered the rails and the cross bars from Ford. Just checking what else I need.
Was the fitting process simple?
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts