Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I got a B-Max a few months back - love it for the sliding doors on my narrow driveway!

Anyway, I recently bought some roof rails - has anyone fitted these before? Was it difficult?
Im trying to decide whether to install them myself or see if I can get my local garage to do it instead...
The thing thats puting me off is that in the instructions for installation it looks like there is a glue gun required and some scraping of something...I dont really fancy scraping at and puting glue on my car...!

Also - I had some nice seat covers fitted recently, and have since folded down the back seats to get some bulky stuff in the back, but noticed that one side doesnt fold completely flat - the lower section of the seat doesnt move down slightly as it does on the other side. Im not sure if the guy who fitted the seat covers has done something to cause this, or if it was like that before, but has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed my roof rails and they were pretty straight forward...got mine from caraccessoriesplus.com..cheaper than ford.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any chance that someone could post the roof rail fitting instructions? Only ask as I am considering buying these but ford seem to be unable to provide even a brief description of the "fitting" procedure. Have been quoted £280 for rails & £124 for the bars (not including vat) which seems expensive especially as I can buy a new erde baggage trailer for £280 inc vat spare wheel & electrics (already have detachable towbar fitted). Cheers Jeffh

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeffh - it's cheaper to buy from caraccessoriesplus.com - all you do to fit them is pop the existing plastic bits off your car (I used a screwdriver), pop in the new bits (you need to order these bits separately - the "mouldings"), screw in 4 metal blocks to existing holes in the car roof, screw the rails into the blocks and a couple into the plastic mouldings, then pop on the end caps.
It's very easy, I did it by myself with no additional help at 6 months pregnant!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts