Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone who has already got a B-Max been able to find a roof rack that fits?

I asked my dealer and he said Ford's not taken any out yet for the B max.

Hope you can help

G

·
Registered
637 Posts
Best I can find for you is the following (Ford Dealer) link..

<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">http://parts.jennings-ford.co.uk/product-info/bmaxbar

I must stress I have not tried this product, and that I have only found a ford website that is advertising the item you have enquired about. I think the '1805838' might be the part number, so if anything you could ask your local dealer about that number ?!?!?

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Guy's,

I think I hav finally gotten to the bottom of the Roof Rail problem.

Now I spoke to Ford customer services and they said that the dealer you got the car from has to call the Technical Information Centre on the special number they have as they DO have a part number for the roof rails now.

He specified that it has to be the dealer and not Joe public as they will not talk to them.

#Yah!!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
A dealership called "CR MORROW" in Ireland, has put out a PDF on their website, stating the latest prices for bike carriers for the BMAX...
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Check out page 4 under the heading "Transport and Stowage" of the following PDF (which was released in April 2013:http://www.crmorrow.com/newmodels/Pricelist%20B-MAX%20(01%20APRIL%202013).pdf

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi David,

The PDF shows the roof rails are still TBC. According to ford, they are available for dealers to buy, however my dealer "phoned them" and the department said that the roof rails maybe available at the end of June. Unfortunately we need the roof rails before you can get the across roof bars.

There appears to be a problem with parts and getting cars at the moment. I've be waiting 3 months for my car. It's been built and inspected but it waiting in the compound to be shipped

·
Registered
637 Posts
I am sympathetic to the waiting, as I did not enjoy that either. As to the roof info, I am posting things as I see them.As thurle has said no, yet the price list above (posted from last month) states thurle DOES provide them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Roof Rack from
la
prealpina

www.laprealpina.it

for B
-MAX
from
2012 +

LP47
+
KIT
L1339

LP43
+
KIT
L1339

LP49
+
KIT
L1339

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I work at the B-max roof rack and croosbar supplier.
The series production will start at the end of this month if everything goes according to the plan, so maybe in July or August you will have the parts.

Hope that will help

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for the info Lisbon.

Does that mean as B Max owners we might get a discount from your company

Hey, if we don't ask Lisbon, we may not get!
We are a cheeky lot here

·
Registered
2 Posts
Evening all. I have been told that the company making the roof rails and bars, has gone into liquidation, and they are waiting for testing to be completed on the new provider. These will now be ready in October - December no. Can anyone shed any light on this please, as bought the car specifically to add the rails and bars on for holiday. Looks the wife will have to leave a bag or two behind this year.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hi Lisbon,

Is there any further update at this time about the roof bars? (hoping that Lisbon still frequents this site)...

·
Registered
9 Posts
la

prealpina now has nothing showing on website for B-max? Heard a rumour that "manufacturer" of roof bars for Ford had gone into liquidation.

According to Thule UK, they now have a solution "under test" at the factory in Sweden and anticipate potential supply within "1-2 months" as long as the tests go ok...

Still waiting (somewhat impatiently now...
)

Cheers

H

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

My company do not went into liquidation.
We already started the production and everything went quite well.

I hope that some of you already had the parts :)

Regards

1 - 20 of 22 Posts