Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to my b-max and the forum. :)

We have had our b-max for a couple of months now, so far we're very happy with it.

We do a lot a cycling and on the ford fusion it replaced we had some roof bars that I fitted my self by removing the gunk from the runners and butting them in place happy days :)

I was hoping the b-max was something similar but I can't find anything or even speaking to ford I have nothing?

The only other option is to fit a tow bar and get a rear mounted bike rack.

Has anyone got any good info for me?

Cheers,
Nezbo

·
Registered
637 Posts
Welcome to the site Nezbo

A number of people have been looking out for the roof bars. Thurle , though named in the Ford B-Max brochure, does not have a roof solution at this time, and may never have one.

Yet, a dealership called "CR MORROW" in Ireland, has put out a PDF on their website, stating the latest prices for bike carriers for the BMAX... so... your guess is a good as mine.

Check out page 4 under the heading "Transport and Stowage" of the following PDF (which was released in April 2013:http://www.crmorrow.com/newmodels/Pricelist%20B-MAX%20(01%20APRIL%202013).pdf

There are even part numbers and prices for the bike carriers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have ordered a B-Max for delivery in January. I too need a cycle carrying facility. I have on the current car a tow bar mounted rack for up to 4 bikes and had hoped to be able to use this on the new car. However, I am advised that, because I have ordered rear parking sensors, I need a detachable tow bar. Ford then say that theirs cannot be fitted if one has the space saver spare wheel (also ordered). Have asked Witter (who cannot understand this restriction). All seem very expensive (more than £ 500). Does anyone have experience of tow bars and parking sensors on the B-Max?

Have also looked at roof rails. Local Ford dealer now has ski brochure which says they will be available in Nov/ Dec 2013 (but he has no details of availability). I see them at £ 333 on the Gates Ford website. Are they actually now available - and has anyone fitted them yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Micksgarage.com sells roof bars £102, from Italy, but mine interfered with drivers door alarm. Stil negotiating with garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts