Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just joined and don't usually "do" forums but thought I would this time. I guess many out there have had trouble with the aerial on the roof catching on garage doors. I thought I would invest in a shorter one but not sure which to get. Has anyone any experience in purchasing a reasonably priced one which works perfectly well? There seems to be a few on sale at various outlets but with different thread sizes and what have you I'm now not sure. Would appreciate advice.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I picked up a very nice short silver lined aerial in Halfords, can't remember the price but it was around £12. It has universal fittings and I get the feeling that DAB reading on this fitting is better than the standard garage door basher.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks Specialk for that. Funnily emough I was looking at the exact same aerial but I had the same doubts as Will as far as DAB is concerned. I must say it is a pain when going in and out of the garage and I'm blowed if I'm gonna unscrew it every time. I think that I'll go for the one you suggest (as I was looking at it) and I'll let you know Will if I have any problems with the DAB. Your input is appreciated and, who knows, maybe I'll get used to using forums. Thanks!!

p.s. Like most people I love my B Max

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I purchased the aerial as recommended by Specialk and drove from Essex to Hampshire and back over the Easter holiday testing all my preprogrammed stations on the DAB radio. It worked well Will so any reservations I had were unfounded. Now I can zip in and out of my garage to my hearts content without worrying about the aerial bashing the door. Money well spent I say and thanks for all the advice and comments. Watch this space for possibly more wise words from me!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
metalmickyc said:
Well I purchased the aerial as recommended by Specialk and drove from Essex to Hampshire and back over the Easter holiday testing all my preprogrammed stations on the DAB radio. It worked well Will so any reservations I had were unfounded. Now I can zip in and out of my garage to my hearts content without worrying about the aerial bashing the door. Money well spent I say and thanks for all the advice and comments. Watch this space for possibly more wise words from me!!!!
Pleased to hearit worked for you metalmicky

Will

·
Registered
418 Posts
Have to say my Halfords unit is brilliant. Picks up DAB and FM here in the mountains like something I have never experienced before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts