Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got ours 1.6 Titanium Auto, yes a pretty good car to drive, it feels like a bigger car then it is, I have mailed Fords as I would like to give them a review, although lots of +++++, I feel they have skipped on quite a lot, be interesting to see what others say about my comments which I am going to list.Drive..Impossible with a rear window open, due to a whistling noise, and quite a bit of noise when a front window open.
Lots of road noise from the tyres, you really have to have the radio on.
Gears change down to often when there is no need
38mpg.as someone else has mention, not that good.
very jerking when reversing at speed, not reversing out of your drive.

Interior.....
The reset button for millage, comeon, a button
and you cannot have multi display as in temp, millage, etc, so you have to stop the car to change it, not much fun trying to get your hand through the steering wheel whilst driving.
Centre front armrest, why is this not the width of the gap so as both in the front can use it? or even 2 of them.
the radio display takes up half the dash board, once again, this is 2013,as in digital age, then maybe the millage etc could have been displayed here.

Apart form the above, not a bad car....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Good luck socks with the new car. I have recently bought the manual diesel version and am currently averaging well over 60 m.p.g. This does demonstrate the economy advantages of manual and diesel over the auto petrol models. I have yet to find a car that does not experience wind problems from the rear, and suggest that you lower all four slightly to reduce this problem. I have not noticed any unusual tyre noise, but accept that the jerky reverse is auto related.
I would suggest you contact Bmaxdublin who has posted some very tragic threads in this forum relating to his eco auto BMax, which has only covered 2000 miles, yet has experienced some horrendous faults. He has had a new gear box and brakes, and most alarmingly has experienced the car accelerating without any pressure on the throttle.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi John
When you say averaging 60 mpg do you mean on a nice good road almost all down hill and a tail wind and with a very very light right foot?

Normally avg means a mix of journeys, perhaps you will be kind enough to let us into the secret of this truly wonderful achievement ,and with only 2000 miles on the clock!

Which diesel are you working this magic with?

Arm987

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hi there arm 987 thanks for your comments !! I have had the computer read out up to 67 m.p.g., but it does tend to drop back to the lower 60's when I have a few days pottering round town. My figures are based on overall consumption, but as yet I have not done a motorway journey; in 10 days or so I will embark on a series of long runs in excess of 300 miles.
My key for economy is based on driving style; which does not exclude motoring at the national speed limit. It is how you get up to that speed which determines fuel consumption. Do not race through the lower gears, and anticipate in advance where you need to slow down by cruising to a halt rather than having to brake. On undulating roads try and increase speed on downward slopes in order to take on the approaching incline. Above all DO NOT use cruise control unless you are on a quiet motorway which is on the level. Cruise control will hold you back on downward slopes, yet on upward ones it will maintain your set speed in such a way that the car is drinking fuel. I also like to increase tyre pressures all round by about 3 pounds s.i. , not enough to increase tyre wear or efficiency, but certainly it aids economy. Minimise the use of air conditioning, but if you have to use it, be selective and try and turn it on only when the engine is not under strain, for example going up steep hills.
My BMax is the 1.6 diesel and is a Titanium; I think this car has been built to be as aerodynamic as possible, even to the extent of fitting small wing mirrors.

I hope this has been of some help Arm 987, and does not bring neurotic reactions from a certain forum member whose name I will not mention !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have had my B-Max, 1.0 Titanium just 5 weeks now and it is a great car. Lovely to drive, so quiet and smooth. Had a 60 mile return journey today and it averaged 53 mpg. I think post above is correct in getting good mpg. light foot on throttle, reading traffic conditions ahead, little use of air condition, also, I live in the Fens of North Cambridgeshire so no hills!

·
Registered
14 Posts
socks said:
The reset button for millage, comeon, a button
and you cannot have multi display as in temp, millage, etc, so you have to stop the car to change it, not much fun trying to get your hand through the steering wheel whilst driving.

This works on mine (1.0 125PS Ecoboost Titanium) have you tried cycling the MFD through the various fuel consumption options til you reach the trip mileage, with the button on the end of the Left Hand Stalk and then holding it while the display bar wipes out the value.

Also works to reset the average consumption figures!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts