Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help does anybody know if there is a switch to activate the reversing censors on a 2012 b-max as they do not seem to be working. thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
... just putting the car into reverse usually does the trick. I do not believe there is a setting within the SYNC menu's... I will have a look in the morning ..

Update:
just gone though the manual, and other then the gear stick moving into reverse, there is nothing else that can turn on/off the reverse parking sensors. It might be an idea to check if your reversing lights come on... as if they do not, then it's fuse 3 that could have gone in the fuse box of the car, this covers the reverse light, reverse camera, reverse sensors.

Have they ever worked?

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for ideas only had the car for 2 weeks and the censors have never worked will check reversing lights in morning

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we assumed that they came as part of the car there seem to be wires leading to the censors In the back bumper .Maybe they are there ready for upgrading but the car is not a basic model thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi John,

At the time of asking for the various 'extras', to be included in the purchase price, your dealer might have asked if you required them [reversing censors], if so, they would have told you that a 'City Pack' would be required at a cost of £200. This gives you an icon on the dash screen when you select reverse, showing an outline of the car with coloured dash lines around the rear to indicate closeness to objects, and also it lowers the sound emitted from the radio, or other music device you have switched on in the car at the time

If you didn't request, or ask for something like that at the time of choosing, then the chances are very slim for having the reversing censors working, irrespective of the cars level i.e. Studio, Zetec, Ecoboost. If you look online in the Sales brochure, I think all the lists are there for all the options you might like in, or fitted to the car
. Hope this is of some help to you.

·
Registered
637 Posts
john said:
Thank you to all who replied I take it I do not have these censors on my car.

Best way to find out what you have on your car is to take your VIN number, and head over to the following site :FORD ETIS

Once you have entered your VIN number and pressed SEARCH, you will see an information highlight panel on the right side of the screen. At the bottom right of the same screen you will see a a blue arrow in a box facing downwards. click on the arrow and that will then list off all the things you have and all the things you do not have in your car. If you are expecting something that the ETIS site states you do not have, poke your dealer as soon as possible, especially if it's a factory fitted only item...

Also for those of you who are at the factory building stage, when you check in with your dealership, they should be able to provide you the VIN number too. It might not be straight away, but I was able to get my VIN 3 weeks before my car actually arrived. So if they say they dont know, try the following week..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Following your suggestion of Ford ETIS found ...Less reverse proximity sensor....with rear parking aid......less front parking aid......less side parking aid.

What's the difference between proximity sensor and parking aid...???

·
Registered
637 Posts
I just looked mine up on the ETIS site, and apparently I do not have the aid's or the sensor... yet I do have the reverse sensors... so thats wrong on my listing...
(well done Allen Ford again )

Best guess one is the reverse camera is the sensor and the other three aids are the reverse bleeps when you get near things

how I came to this conclusion is that there is a front side and rear aid, but only one sensor

·
Registered
15 Posts
My car did not come with rearcensorsas standard but my dealer fitted them as an extra,without having to pay for the full city stop package.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts