Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 14 plate bmax. The reversing sensors have recently gone very quiet. They still work but they're barely audible. Any ideas how I can restore the volume? Thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thats an interesting question. I havent seen anything in the menus on this that i can remember.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Maybe a master reset could help restore the..? :-?Edited by: vdragoslav

·
Registered
81 Posts
I didn't think you could but what about adjusting the normal volume knob when the sensors are active?

The other thing I'm wondering, where is the speaker for the sensors? Maybe you've inadvertently covered one of them up?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Not aure on the b max, but the speaker may be behind the drivers seat or even in the boot, in which case a full boot might deaden or somethig on the floor behind the seat.

I will be using the car with a full boot soon, so i may test the theory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for replying. I've emptied the whole car to no avail. Tried the volume too and searched the menus. No luck so far.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You can't adjust the volume level.You can do a system reset by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins or so.
You will then need to re-programme the power windows and the car may not run perfectly until 2/3 miles.
Otherwise it's a visit to the dealer i'm afraid.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Slightly different issue but my son's car, a Kia Ceed, has an on/ off switch for the reverse warning beep. Maybe Ford could consider something similar, because to be frank if I had a car full of people and they were all talking whilst I was reversing, I couldn't hear the damned thing anyhow and would probably be better turning it off.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hywel S Wales said:
Tell them to shut up !!

That's one option, I suppose, if I don't mind falling out with them. A further option would be disabling it altogether.

I'm not really a fan of these parking aid thingies because I reckon they make you lazy. But then again, I don't live or work in a city where parking opportunities tend to be limited and when they are found, they tend to be tight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have just changed from a Cmax to a Bmax and I notice all the warning / information sounds are far lower in a Bmax. I'm looking for a way to boost the sound levels

1 - 17 of 17 Posts