Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is only the one Simon, and not very bright at that. Sensors are good though, so I always prefer to reverse into tight spots.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The reversing light is not up to much, I find illuminating the rear fog light and the emergency flashers improves the situation, and also warns other motorists of your intentions.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have wondered about fitting a higher wattage bulb but the computer will probably throw a wobbly.
I must have a look at what sort of bulb it is, there are some very bright LED ones about now.

This is a 7w Cree LED (Ebay) looks good.

Yes, the reversing light is to dim. Ford (who I know look on here) do something please.

I like the fog light idea, I never thought of that.

Geoff

·
Registered
418 Posts
I cannot see any problem in fitting a higher wattage bulb, as long as it fits in the space. After all it is only going to be on for seconds at a time, not minutes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I need to have a look and see what type of bulb it is. I think it is a bayonet single contact non offset but I could be wrong. It may not work because the stupid computer might decide that as the current has changed the bulb must have blown. Then I think the flashers go on rapid time to warn you.
There are load resistors you can add to overcome this. AsI say, I need to get my screwdriver out and have a look.

Not now it's raining and windy!

Geoff

·
Registered
418 Posts
This sounds way too advanced for me, and would be a classic way for Ford to back out of warranty work. I will leave well alone, and as said before supplement the reversing light with the flashers and rear fog.

·
Registered
58 Posts
John Hi, A headlamp bulb would be illegal. Maximum wattage for reverse lamps is 21 watts. based on standard bulbs. LEDs are a different story. They have an equivalency rating. E.G 2 watt led =6 watt bulb

·
Registered
418 Posts
Only argument is that many if not most cars have 2 reversing lights; 2 x 21 w. = 42 w. I know a 55 w. bulb is illegal, but most of your reversing is on your own drive or in a car park; just make sure there are no police around.

Last time I looked at bulbs in Halfords I noticed the maximum output for headlights were 55 w. I see that they now have some 60 w. types. What are the B Max specifications; are they H rated ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I MAKE my wife get out with a good torch no probs. In this age of technology 1 reversing light as bright as a swan vestas match is scandleous. Should be l.e.d variable ZOOM.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh, I do like that image! My wife getting out in the rain with a torch whilst I reverse. Will never happen of course. I dare not even tell her of this posting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts