Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi,

You are absolutely right, the one light is totally inadequate, and even if there were two the impression is that they would still be useless.

Geri.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It might be possible to get LED replacement bulbs for the reversing lights, however reading up on it, it appears this may cause problems with the elcetrical systems and they may not work properly. Unless someone in the knowcan tell us to the contrary ?

·
Registered
251 Posts
If replacing your bulbs with LEDs then make sure the LED bulbs you put in have the Can Bus technology. This saves you from getting any in car messages of a light being out or not working properly.

One of my interior bulbs blew so I took the opportunity to replace all the interior and theboot bulbswith LEDs that give a nice white light. They were Can Bus bulbs and I have not had a problem.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Fordot to say the boot is a festoon type bulb. If you check Halfords web site you will see them. The bulbs are advertised as replacements for the original

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello Specialk
I couldn't ask you to give more details about the replacement/spare bulbs that you have fitted? I would like to have some spares ready and do not want the wrong ones.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
251 Posts
I will check the details and post tomorrow, although I have only changed the interior bulbs and the boot bulb. I am sure if you got to any decent motoring spares store, they will guide you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Jeez, they must be bright!

snip>
<h2 style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: normal; vertical-align: line; color: rgb102, 102, 102; text-trans: uppercase;">ADDITIONAL INFORMATION</h2>For off road or show use only. These lights must not be visible to other road users. Not legal for use on public highways.

snip>

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Makem, actually they are not bright which is what I like about them. I am a little more mature than the boy racer that wants all these blinding LED lights.

These lights when on are a white light rather than a yellow light and they look really clean, if that make sense. I only tried them because one of them was out and wanted replacing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got off track here a little and got onto interior LED's.
Sounds like LED lights are not bright enough. If thats the case is there a way of puitting higher wattage bulbs in the reversing light without causing any problems.
(Excuse my ignorance of all matters electrical !!)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I seem to have read in the distant past that 21watts per bulb is themax for reversing lights, I also seem to remember that reversing lights were there as an indication to other drivers that you were reversing?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I would say, "No" to that because the wattage you would need to make an appreciable difference would need to be so large it would have a detrimental effect on the electrical system.

Best people to ask in my opinion would be a service agent who may suggest an auxiliary light with a manual switch, powered from the same connector in the boot used for connection to a caravan.

Does the fact that we have tinted windows reduce the perceived light from the existing lamp I wonder. Maybe if we wound down the widow and poked our head out?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Gracow said:
I seem to have read in the distant past that 21watts per bulb is themax for reversing lights, I also seem to remember that reversing lights were there as an indication to other drivers that you were reversing?

I seem to remember that they are not a requirement for MOT but if fitted must comply as they are considered a courtesy light.

·
Registered
155 Posts
not quite right, the only stipulation seems to be that all the lens must be intact, and you are right they are not within the parameters of the MoT

1 - 19 of 19 Posts