Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Talking about my 1.00 (100)ps motor.

When I reverse into my drive I always experience a slight judder/vibration - its anything but smooth. The drive is slightly inclined which does not help, but everything is fine on the flat. It seems that you really have to ride the clutch and its hard work - well having to think about it is.

Any ideas folks - and please no criticisms of my driving lol.

·
Registered
637 Posts
With automatics,
When you stop on a hill, there is a system that turns on that allows you to move your foot from the brake to the accelerator without the car rolling away. (maybe some sort of mercury switch perhaps??). As your drive way is not level, could something similar be attempting to kick in thinking that you are rolling backwards (as you said it happens when you reverse) and it's juddering the brake attempting to stop the roll??

Update : Manual page 100

<i style="line-height: 1.4;">The system makes it easier to pull awaywhen your vehicle is on a slope without the
need to use the parking brake.
When the system is active, your vehicle will
remain stationary on the slope for two to
three seconds after you release the brake
pedal. This allows you time to move your
foot from the brake to the accelerator
pedal. The brakes are released
automatically once the engine has
developed sufficient drive to prevent your
vehicle from rolling down the slope. This
is an advantage when pulling away on a
slope, (for example from a car park ramp,
traffic lights or when reversing uphill into
a parking space).
The system will activate automatically on
any slope which can result in significant
vehicle rollback
[/i]

Switching the System On and Off
Note:The system can only be switched onand off for manual transmissions.

Note: Once you have switched off thesystem, it will remain off until you switch it
on again.

Your vehicle comes with the systemalready enabled. If desired, you can disable
the feature

In car menu:
SELECT : Ford Eco Mode - Vehicle Settings - Hill Start Assist - Off

<div style="text-align: center;">

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It did cross my mind that assisted hill start might be having an effect but I did not realise it could be de activated. I will turn it off and give it a try.
Many thanks for reply.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The 2.0 cmax auto I had did not roll back on a hill, it just stayed there until you moved off. I miss that with the bmax. Also the Nissan note that I had did not roll back either.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Robertdownie said:
Don't think I have the hill assist , I have the 1.6 auto titanium like yours ( I think).

If it's an automatic, then yes you have it. It's not an extra or pack, it's just part of the car by default. I have it. (only difference is we cannot disable it)..

·
Registered
26 Posts
The B-MAX 1.6 auto is not really full automatic. It's so called automated manual
Quotes:-
PowerShift improves fuel efficiency by as much as 10 percent when compared to a conventional automatic transmission.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_transmissions[/url]

It's pretty much similar to Multidrive (Toyota) or 2Tronic (Peugeot).

and this automated manual doesn't hold at the hill (hill assist)

that's why1.6 B-MAX auto with hill assist will hold only for sometime (was it 3s?) before start rolling back where as full automatic will keep you there as long..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Your right John it's not a full auto. I thought it was a full auto when I got it, but quickly found out when I stopped at the lights. You have to be very quick if you are on a steep hill. The last cmax I had was a full auto. The Nissan note I had was a full auto. I don't know why they changed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts