Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I (or rather my husband!)stop the rear windscreen wiper coming on automatically when I reverse? This is not useful in frosty weather as we have here in the Scottish Highlands! Can't find this in the manual although have done it on other makes of car. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
My rear wiper only seems to automatically engage when selecting reverse gear when I have the front wipers on.

Not heard of them auto engaging whenever in reverse, but I only have a low spec B-max.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,
I reverse up my drive every day out the garage, and as far as I can see the rear wipers only come on, of their own accord, when the stalk is left in one of the 'on' positions. The problem is that the stalk is easy to leave in the rear wipe or intermittent positions (if you are a dozy so snd so like me).

Cheerfs,
Geri

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
If your front wipers are on and you select reverse, the rear will come on.

A pain when the rear screen is frozen I admit, but should you actually be secting reverse if the rear screen is obscured?

·
Registered
106 Posts
If there is any trace of frost/ice I walk around the car and lift each wiper away from the glass before turning the ignition on. Prevents nasty problems with motors burning out etc.

·
Registered
242 Posts
A question to all that have posted on this thread. When you do select revers and your heater blower is on, does your blower suddenly increase in speed? I have noticed this on numerous occasions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts