Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Trying to get used to 1.4 b max. When changing gears (dipping clutch) the revs jump up by about 300 rpm, immediately on the putting your foot down. Never noticed the clutch slipping during acceleration so I've discounted a worn clutch.

Is this a common b max 1.4 thing?

Or has anyone had to get it adjusted?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,

Not noticed this myself.
Is it possible that the clutch on the B-Max is set up slightly differently to your previous motor, so that it is disengaging before you are used to; and the (almost unconscious) lift off the accelerator is trailing just a little behind giving the effect of revving up?

Geri

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Not noticed this myself.
Is it possible that the clutch on the B-Max is set up slightly differently to your previous motor, so that it is disengaging before you are used to; and the (almost unconscious) lift off the accelerator is trailing just a little behind giving the effect of revving up?

Geri
Yes that was my thoughts so I purposely started lifting my foot completely off the accelerator before dipping the clutch and..... No jump in revs so it's either as you says (most probable) or the position sensor is off on the accelerator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts