Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Need to replace my front discs and pads on a 2015 B Max 1.6 petrol. Anybody any experience of removing calipers and discs? Any watch outs or things to be aware of? Anybody know the torque setting for the caliper bolts?

Any recommendation for make of pads and discs?

Many thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Replaced both discs and pads on mine in March.Dead easy, you just need a thin spanner (can't remember which size) to stop the sliders turning.
For the discs, I used Autosessive online and got a pair of Delphi discs on offerfor 60 quid. So far so good.
The old discs needed a bit of shifting from the hub due to corrosion/dissimilar metals.
Don't use copper slip on the back of pads, use proper brake grease. Copper slip contains petroleum which makes rubber expand.
I don't know the torque settings, but I did use Loctite on the threads.
All done in just over an hour and cost 100 quid all in.

Edited by: pegleg

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Have a look on youtube. Process is the same for fiesta and focus, so should be able to find a video.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just asked the same question on the Newbie forum.

I've changed the discs and pads on my son's 59 plate Fiesta Titanium a couple of times: I take it that the procedure for the B Max is similar?

Personally I always use Mintex discs and pads where available.

The discs for my 2013 1.6 petrol are part number MDC2481 and the pads are MDB3322.

Edited by: desthemoaner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts