Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 1.4 petrol B max. Its done 37,000 miles. I've always taken it to kwik fit for an interim service which is £120. The full service at kwik fit is £170. The main difference between a main and an interim service is that they replace the air filter. In my manual where it shows the under the hood overview it indicates an Air Cleaner unit. Is this the same as the air filter? It says no maintenance required. If this is the air filter does it mean it should never be replaced or cleaned? That seems a bit odd to me. If its not the air filter, where is the air filter? If I can't see it and I pay for a full service how can I know that kwik fit have even changed it?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's located in front of the battery with a large pipe going towards the engine and held down by 4 'Torq' screws. that's the engine air intake filter, the other one is the pollen filter located at the back of the glove-box inside, the glove-box drops down to get at it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I carried out my own service last year (2014 1.6 diesel) and so the sake of about £12 I think, I replaced the air filter too. There was only a £ or 2 difference between the Bosch I installed, and a pattern part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts