Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have enjoyed being the owner of a B Max Titanium 998cc Turbo for the last two years. The vehicle had been fitted with Bridgestone Ponzenza tyres on 205/45/17ins rims which I found I found to be extremely noisy and hard when driving over the current poorly maintained road surfaces.

Following my research on tyre noise ratings I replaced the originals with Dunlop SP SportMaxx RT tyres with a noise rating of 66db, down 8db from the 74 of the Bridgestones. The change has made significant difference in the pleasure of driving my car being much quieter and better at absorbing the different road surfaces and bumps.

I summit these observations for your information.
Alojohn

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Interesting information to bear in mind when the tyres need doing. I do not give tyres as much thought as perhaps I should.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Come on: there's no purpose buying a new car and looking for fuel consumption and stuff if we do not pay attention to the tyres!Tyres are the only part of a car that links the capability of it to the surface of the Earth!..

I am too looking for winter tyres: 195 60 R15 according to this Ford web site:http://www.accesorii-ford.ro/b-max/2012/jante/jante-de-aliaj

I have in miond Continental and Michelin. What do you prefer and why?

Are VREDESTEIN any good:http://www.vredestein.ro/anvelope-auto/search/model/ford/b-max/b-max/b-max%201.6%20tdci/103113?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
In the UK very few people use winter tyres as we really dont need them.

I'm afraid my attention to tyres involves only keeping them sligthly above the recommended pressures and checking tread depths when they start to get a bit low.

I have found over the years that over inflating a bit helps steering, handling and fuel economy and I never have problems with uneven wear.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have Continental EcoContact Tyres fitted on my BMax 1.6tdci Titanium. They provided good wear resistance and decent wet weather handling without excessive road noise.

·
Registered
212 Posts
We ordered "new" 1.5 TDCi so thank you, Keith!

I'll look for that. In the meanwhile I have good prices for
Continental

WinterContact TS 860
-195/65 R15
91T - 46 euros

-195/65 R15
91H - 59 euros

We will travel slowly, because we're beginners. Do the prices difference worth then?

·
Registered
136 Posts
vdragoslav said:
We ordered "new" 1.5 TDCi so thank you, Keith!

I'll look for that. In the meanwhile I have good prices for
Continental

WinterContact TS 860
-195/65 R15
91T - 46 euros

-195/65 R15
91H - 59 euros

We will travel slowly, because we're beginners. Do the prices difference worth then?

Dont know, here in the UK winter tyres are not a big issue and I had good experience with ecocontacts on my previous car (a Seat Altea)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts