Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

2 questions.

First I've lost my spare key for the car. What's the best way to get a new key? And roughly what would the cost be?

Secondly my car is 3 years old, had it's first mot in April this year. Is my car in its 3rd year meaning still covered under warranty or is this now classed as the 4th year? I'm fairly sure it's still under warranty but not sure if I am confusing myself. Arnold shark have said they'll replace my window under warranty but I've been fed up with the service I'm getting and was going to try glenford who have good reputation espiclaly since I'm now getting the engine malfunction service now (We think it's due to cheap in the dpf or turbo but my mechanic says if it's under warranty leave it to ford)

Thanks. Edited by: Shamish

·
Registered
212 Posts
The dealer told me when we picked up the B-MAX that if we lose a key and want it replaced it'll cost us at least £100.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,

Never tried them but Timpsons say they can duplicate just about any car key, including fob; so will likely be cheaper than the dealer. You need to check that you know the correct sequence to program the key to the vehicle - probably in the manual.

Geri

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi all, lost one of the keys to my last mk7 fiesta which looked exactly like the B Max key, was charged a total of £168. by the dealer. I have however since found out that replacements are available on the internet and there are ways of getting them programmed by other sources locally.Sorry i can't help further but it's worth checking out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Shamish said:
I've lost my spare key for the car. What's the best way to get a new key? And roughly what would the cost be?
if the car has a physical ignition switch, then you can program remotes yourself.
if it keyless start, then the have to be programmed electronically.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Losing a key is not covered by the warranty.

Car is over 3 years old so warranty is expired.

Possible dealer warranty if you purchased second hand but that woyld not cover negligence such as losing a key.

Timpsons will create a key for a reasonable price but not if its keyless entry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just purchased a 3 year old b max from a ford dealership and to say the whole episode has been like dealing with Arthur Daley's car lot˜�
The car came with only one key, salesman new key £150 for the central locking type or £50 for the blade type key, ok sounds cheap enough.
How wrong!˜¡ Central locking key £240, have been told by the dealers part department
No blade only key available. ˜¡ This car was purchased from Trust Ford in Bradford
So this goes to prove even when buying from a Trusted dealer buyer beware and have your wits about you!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts