Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arial 12

Two weeks ago, I was unable to lock my car using the remote fob. I had to call the RAC out (I am a motability customer)- the guy couldn't rectify the fault - he tried both remote fobs, so had to use the key to lock the car. I rang Perrys the next day - explained to them what happened and it was booked in for them to look at the reason why the remote fob wasn't working. However, during the period from phoning Perrys and me taking it to them on Wednesday - the remote fob had decided to work - although it was intermittent. I explained to the service receptionist that the problem was intermittent. After sitting in the showroom for about an hour, a service receptionist called and told me that they couldn't find a fault with either fob and came out to my car and showed me that both fobs were working OK.

Thursday it was working OK. Friday - it worked when I first got into the car - then I parked up to go into a shop - remote fob was still working - when I came out of the shop - pressed the remote fob - nothing happened! So I had to use the key to unlock my car. When I got back home - got shopping out of the car and went to lock - the remote worked! Didn't use my car yesterday. This morning - it unlocked and locked OK using the remote fob - but when I came to lock it when I came home - I had to use the key! The RAC man said that the remote fob have rechargeable batteries in them and they are charged up every time the key is put in the ignition.

I wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and what they or their dealer did to rectify the problem. I have only had the car since March of this year. I wasn't able to use it for six weeks following an operation but the remote fob still worked properly.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
This happened to me only once when I parked close to the wall outside of a doctors surgery.

I met a man there and he said it had happened to his car (not a B-MAX), in the same area and together we wondered if it was the wireless signal from the doctors network.

I pushed my car away a few yards and it worked.

Now, I cannot say that was the cause but I have never parked in that position since and I have never had another problem. It has never occurred again anywhere in the UK or EU.

Maybe worth considering?

I don't use the key to start the car so mine does not get charged.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
30 Posts
A few years ago I owned Toyota Celica and when I parked in one particular location my remote would not work. I discovered that the same thing was happening to others one of whom did some investigation ( he was an electronic engineer) and discovered thatthe signals from alocal radio mast on an building roof were being reflected down onto the road at this particular location, which only extended about 15 feet, and was strong enough or at the right frequency to interfere with the signal from the fobs. It may be that something similar is happening to you.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have also been around a similar problem, but that affected virtually all the cars on the Works car park.
Our car park has a small slightly elevated section near the entrance (bosses cars!), and the main car park near at a lower level. One afternoon hardly anyone could get into their car, and of those that did some could not start them (mainly Renaults I believe). This went on for a couple of hours and was causing major panic, until the RAC repair van which had been helping a guy with some random other problem the whole time on the elevated section, turned off their radio communications system. Bingo all the key fobs worked.
Cue quote from RAC guy 'Oh it sometimes does that!'.
With this tale in mind, your suspicion of a Radio interference may well have grounds.

Geriatricus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts