Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help and give advice.Have just had a new car in "smoke" which is a medium grey shade. The log book however is saying the vehicle is "white". Now I know that the DVLA have basic colours to which the Ford range of colours are allocated - one that has always caused confusion is Peppermint Silver which is in fact green but is designated silver.
If I ask the DVLA to alter the documentation it will be recorded as a colour change which could cause problems in the event of a resale, HP checks etc.
Anyone out there experienced a similar situation - better still, anyone got a "smoke" and what does the 5Vc say?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Check the VIN plate with the number shown on the registration document. Check the colour on the VIN plate with the colour shown on the registration document.

Check the index number on the DVLA web site to see what colour is recorded there.

If either disagree then inform the seller. They should deal with any discrepancy.

My car is recorded as grey but Ford have given it a fancy name, Magnetic.

Edit: Some smoke is in fact white! Depends on the fuel!

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.I have checked all VIN and gone on the FordEtis site to check the build history. Everything is checking out to say the colour is "smoke". Perhaps if it had been designated "smoke grey" then there would have been no problem. As you say. smoke could be anything from white to black.
Now contacting the dealer - will post the outcome but it appears this is not a rare problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Found this on another site - I hope it's useful to you:

Although vehicle manufacturers use a wide range of colours for their vehicles, we only use the basic colours to cover the manufacturer's description. These basic colours are important for identification purposes and have been agreed with the manufacturers.

If you feel that the colour shown on your V5 registration document/V5C registration certificate is not correct, please indicate which colour matches your vehicle and return with your document/certificate to the address below:

DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1AR

LIST OF BASIC COLOURS

Beige, Blue, Maroon, Red, Bronze, Cream, Multi, Silver, Brown,Green, Orange, Turquoise, Black, Gold, Purple, White, Grey, Pink and Yellow

You will have to explain in a letter that this notification does not relate to a change of colour but rather to the fact the the original vehicle colour was wrongly recorded in the first place.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bingo for useful info - grey is included which is good.I have contacted my dealer and Ford are sending a letter for me to forward with the log book to DVLA. The letter will state that registering the car as White was their mistake and should be Grey.
I will keep a copy in the glove box whilst waiting for the corrected V5c - just in case police pull me as itshould save a lot of hassle - I hope!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.