Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I washed my B-Max after the bad weather at the start of the week and lifted the rear wiper arm to wash under the wiper and when I did the wiper arm came off
but was not broken. I then noticed there was no hook on the motor end of the spring so could not just clip it back on, so booked in with my dealer next week for spring to be replaced.

The other thing I noticed was that the spring its self had no give in it and was very stiff, so would of had trouble getting the arm high enough to replace the blade.

I would like to know if any other owners have a stiff spring on their rear wiper arm?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I wonder if this is due to another FORD cheaper option
package - i.e. whip it off, and charge for a full replacement, rather than fit a new blade
!Or maybe, the "Technicians" arn't taught how to change blades these days
!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to the dealers today and and they refitted the rear wiper arm and it now lifts correctly and the spring does not feel tight. I expect it had not been fitted correctly in the first place.

So be wear if you have a tight spring on your rear wiper as the spring may just pop off when you lift the wiper for cleaning or blade replacement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Specialk

If your passing your Ford Dealer and you have a spare 5 mins show them it will only take a technician 2 mins to remove and fit properly.

My Dealer was busy and wanted to keep the car the whole day and get to it at some point, which I told them I was not happy with and someone did it straight away.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks SKEV.
There are a couple of things I am going to mention to them, the rear wipe being one. It is going in for rear parking sensors fitted on Wed: I am going to ask then if they will check the rear wiper, as we are leaving it a full day

1 - 11 of 11 Posts