Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are wheel bearings covered by the three year warranty? I know what a noisy wheel bearing sounds like and am sure I can hear one from the rear drivers side of my Bmax. The warranty expires next week. The car has covered 18k. Strangely it was only MOT'd and serviced a couple of weeks ago and the bearings box on the garage check sheet was ticked green.

·
Registered
712 Posts
i wouldn't consider a wheel bearing to be a "wear & tear" item, so should be covered under warranty, I think.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Take it to the dealer and tell them there is a fault. If they can find nothing wrong make sure they put it in writing. Then if it fails, you can prove that the fault existed before the warranty expired.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
178 Posts
Don't know what it is about Ford and rear wheel bearings. My old Focus would eat the rear near side with monotonous regularity.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I'm on my 9th Ford and never had a bearing go. I did replace one in my Wife's Metro many years ago.

Not really sure what causes bearing wear other than aggressive driving or poor lubrication. I think these things are sealed for life nowadays.

Do you like cornering on 2 wheels Willow? ˜ƒ˜ƒEdited by: cianpars

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To round up my post about the wheel bearing noise, I took the car to the local Ford dealer just before the warranty ran out. The noise was identified by Ford as coming from the rear drivers side tyre. That was a Tigar budget steel radial which the first owner had fitted. Apparently it was wearing abnormally although I personally could not see it. That said I did not examine it minutely. Anyway a new tyre (not Tigar) has been put on and the car is remarkably silent!

·
Registered
178 Posts
LOL! nice one cianpars!

No, I'm pretty carefull - honest

I have been told the MK2 Focus was notorious for rear wheel bearing wear.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Maybe I'm just lucky, but in 48yrs of motoring, with a variety of used cars, I have
never had to get a wheel bearing changed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts