Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been in accident and was hit by another car on the drivers side rear wheel arch. Its in for repair and the garage has said they can't replace the panel because it's a welded panel and would involve too much work to replace. Has anyone else had the same problem or is the garage trying to repair it on the cheap, it is getting done on the other drivers insurance.
Dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would take it to another repairer, preferably a Ford dealer, for a second oppinion. If it needs the panel replacing a reputable body shop should be quite capable of doing so. It's iether repairable or a write off and if as you say it's the result of a accident which was not your fault, then press for a satisfactory outcome

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, am not happy about them saying their going to use filler on it its a titanium x and its 2016 and not a scratch on it so i want it back to its original state. Think i will take it to a ford garage to check the repair after its done and take it from their.
Thanks for the advice
Dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Dave, hope you get it repaired to your satisfaction, especialy as its a almost new Titanium. Post any updates as they happen and i hope it reaches a swift conclusion.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Dave, was it you who hit me ? my car is going in on Monday for the opposite corner to be repaired, and they are replacing the Bumper and the panel behind the front wheel, but I insisted that my own Ford dealer did it, Hastings Direct where not very happy about this but they did eventually agree.

Edited by: jackkook

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it back today, and to be honest they have done a great job on it.
damaged panel.
finished repair.
Edited by: Davefarro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only found out yesterday that you could choose your own garage, the co op insurance never gave me the option.

·
Registered
459 Posts
without pictures of seeing the damage, I couldn't comment.
having seen them,
looks a sensible repair, also looks like they have replaced the wheel and tyre

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Dave, having seen your pic's the repair looks to have been carried out to a good standard. The paint matches and the panel joint to the rear bumper is aligned. It appears that you got a good job after all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes its a new wheel and tyre and the paint job is perfect very satisfied.
Thanks for your opinions and reassurance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts