Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Has anyone who has aBmax got the reversing/rear view camera. If so do you find it useful. Is the 4.2 inch screen big enough to see itproperly?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an option. It is a reversing camera (not the sensors) that displays on the screen in the dashboard when you select reverse gear.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi, I've tried to reversing camera and it's great (once you get used to it). You can zoom in and it also gives you a guide line to get you in straight. I will say, it took me a few goes to understand it but I'm not particularly technically brained. The screen is quite adequate for the job and is very clear (pixel wise). The B-max itself is a lovely little car but I'm still getting used to only five gears and being a bit more restricted with room. Plus. on my Kuga I had an electrically operated seat which got in the "just right" position and with this manual one I can't get it exactly where I want it. But it's a small price to pay when I tot up the savings in fuel and insurance.

Edited by: princess max

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tried the camera on a demo car and I found it to be somewhat quirky so I didn't order the extra when I ordered a car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is better to have some parking sensors along with the rear view camera. Size of the screen at the dashboard is small, and if you get close any object based on the red guide lines on the camera screen, it means that just 2-3 inches left to hit it. Since, it is brand new, I can't dare it and I stop moving back once the object is on the yellow guide line.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I agree with ErkanG,

When I bought my previous car, I always opted for the wide open spaces that had 12 empty spaces either side of the car (ha ha !) just to be sure I would not dent my car... after a month though, I was throwing the car round like normal. And that was no mean feat as it was a Vauxhall Frontera estate...

<div style="text-align: center;">

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone know if you can have the camera fitted retro?
I have the titanium and Sony dab radio, not the sat nav version but wondered if the sat nav and / or the camera could be added now that the car is built. Does anyone know or had this done? Thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
macca352 said:
Does anyone know if you can have the camera fitted retro?
I have the titanium and Sony dab radio, not the sat nav version but wondered if the sat nav and / or the camera could be added now that the car is built. Does anyone know or had this done? Thanks.

The camera is a no as I found out when ordering

·
Registered
18 Posts
I currently have a C-Max with parking camera and love it, hope if I do trade down to a B-Max I get one with it again

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is the first car we've had with a parking camera on it, i've been quite impressed by it. Think the screen size is OK, my only observation is that the tailgate picks up a lot of dirt which can obscure the camera!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
On my titanium, I have been told by the ford dealer that it has sensors and camera, and front parking sensors too? With the sat nav to boot so a bigger screen I believe. Can anyone tell me what else you get with the front sensor, if anything as these are extra on the titanium.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts