Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am looking to fit some kind of rear socket to power a lighting board for my rear mounted cycle rack (after a "conversation" with some members of my local constabulary... But I don't really want to go to the expense of a full Towbar as I will never use it!

Looking around - I know I can get a kit for this from Halfords for £40 which powers via the existing rear lighting supply (or Amazon do a Maypole kit for £12 which looks like it does much the same thing?). It seems logical, but I wonder if it's really that easy?

My questions are:
Is it possible to fit this kind of "universal" solution to a B-Max and is it easy?
If not - why not (so I understand the problem) and what do I actually need?
Has anyone already done this?

Thanks,
H
(Owner of the first UK roofbars on a B-Max

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can buy the wiring kit for a tow bar independently of the bar itself, I have bought my last 4 bars from PF Jones. Their site is useful as they link the installation manual so you can see how it is fitted.<div abp="896">
<div abp="897">The biggest advantage is no splicing of cables as the dedicated wiring kit includes plug and socket take off for the lights. Splicing is not a problem as all you need is lights but I am not a fan of Scotchlocks, a good ratchet crimp tool and butt joints do a much more professional job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts