Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have noticed the driver side rear door is becoming harder to open comfortably back to lock. At about the halfway point, there is noticeable resistance resulting in me having to give it some elbow grease to fully lock it back. Passenger side; smooth as silk. I have tried some WD40 on all the linkages but with no improvement.

Sometimes the door will open without any addition effort on my part but if I repeat the processimmediatelyseveral timesthe resistance returns - very strange!

Anyone else had a similar experience?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If you read through the forum you will find a few posts about this one or two fairly recent. your Ford dealer should be able to adjust the door so that it properly opens and closes and the stiffness is resolved.

I guess you could probably do this yourself but I'm not quite sure how.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took car into Fords this morning. New linkage required as mine has partially seized. Work to be carried out under warranty. Not a common issue say Fords with this model but not unusual with the Transit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.