Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to all this I have just taken delivery of a new B Max and have a problem with the rear doors when parked facing down hill they slam shut almost trapping my arm when I reach inside to get my crutches off the back seat has anyone had this problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tried that as I thought I might not have pushed them far enough but still does it ford say there is no adjustment

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
cnut said:
Hi I am new to all this I have just taken delivery of a new B Max and have a problem with the rear doors when parked facing down hill they slam shut almost trapping my arm when I reach inside to get my crutches off the back seat has anyone had this problem
My short drive is on a very steep slope onto which I reverse (lawful as ever lol) but as the previous poster says, if you hear the click, the doors hold. If not, get out of the way as they are very heavy.

Parking on a slope, facing downhill makes it much easier to open the heavy front doors but of course could create a problem with the rear ones.

If possible I would ask the service agents to put the car on a slope facing downhill and see if what they find is acceptable. If they say it's fine, then find another agent and ask again. Failing that contact Ford Customer services on 01277253000 and ask for the B-MAX team. I have found them very helpful. What you seem to have is dangerous for you and children for whom the car is great but not if they get cut in half!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts