Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI AllI pick up my B-max on Saturday (New to me but not new)

I'm after rear bumper protector in black. I can get one on Ebay but its £35 is that normal?
Seams a lot for plastic. I'm not keen on the vinyl ones.

Also can I get black sill protectors as well?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Craig, there is a company who i believe are called Rearguard and advertise in most popular car mags. They list a number of choices for the b max, including black and carbon fibre look. I seem to recall that prices start at arround £35 + postage. Whatever you do dont buy the official Ford one as its not only very expensive but bloody useless! I have not yet seen any black sill guards but think Rearguard now offer a range of choices.Hope this info helps, look them up on the internet. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have the sill guards and they look pretty when the door is opened but they serve no purpose other than that.

I would buy cheap ones which actually protect the edge of the sill instead of looking pretty doing nothing.

As for 'worth it', well the dealer says the paint is good enough! If you wear boots or your wife wears steel tipped high heels then, maybe lol.

As for the bumper protector, same as above, no real protection.

PS. In the above I refer to Fords produce only.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a black Rearguard protector. Can't remember the cost but it covers 95% of the rear sill and dips over the rounded edge so is quite a good protector to the paintwork. Goes quite well with the other black trim items especially when cleaned up with trim cleaner.
Also have some stainless steel doorsills (non Ford). Can't remember were I got them from but they also dip over the lip of the sill so protect the edges, apparently better then Fords !!

Found them on the internet, I think they were around £40 - £50 for the set of four...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi again Craig, i have "Lockwood" sill protectors which were a bargain price of arround £22 when purchased in Jan 2015, but they are now £30 or so according to recent posts by other club members, this is however still agood price for a set of four and they have proven to be a very worthwhile purchase, again, look them up on the net.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts