Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Titanium Navigator with 998cc petrol engine. Every so often (maybe once a month on average) when starting I get the Service Engine Now message and it seems to have reduced power. However, as soon as I switch off and switch on again the problem goes away. Any idea what the problem is? Does it matter?

·
Super Moderator
364 Posts
I would have any error codes read for starters.
After that you may have a better idea of what is going on, it could be that the mileage has gone above what has been set for the service interval and needs re-setting or the car does simply need a service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have any error codes read for starters.
After that you may have a better idea of what is going on, it could be that the mileage has gone above what has been set for the service interval and needs re-setting or the car does simply need a service.
Thanks for the quick response. I don't think it can be the mileage or normal service needs. As soon as I switch it off and the start it again the problem goes away - sometimes for many weeks. Are error codes preserved once the engine has started without error? By the time I get it to a garage the problem will have gone away.

·
Super Moderator
364 Posts
Any error codes are "saved" until they are instructed to re-set by someone with a reader plugged into the cars OBDII port.
Even if any parts that failed are changed , the error will still show up if it was not re-set.

Reactions: MarkF

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
a cheap code reader, and app like torque is a very good investment. but I recommend you remove it after doing the testing, since it can make the car far too vulnerable. oh and you will keep banging your knee on it/ the coin tray it's behind, while its plugged in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts