Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I am going through the B Max's Owner Manual I notice when I compare the Vehicle Menu in the manual and the Vehicle Menu in the car they don't always match. Now I understand that if you don't have an item it won't appear in your menu. I noticed that in my Vehicle Menu the Rain Sensor sub-menu is missing. I assume this menu is used in conjunction with Auto Wipers which I have. Does anyone have this menu, and if so, what is its purpose? I think I read somewhere it is used to set the wipe interval. Appreciate any info.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The rain sensor caught me out too and was helped by Makem. On the stalk that starts and stops the wipers, there is a function that you can rotate. The rotation does not manually set the speed of the wipe as I thought it did, but instead it defines how wet the screen gets before the wipers engage and / or go up a gear... best way I can describe it..

·
Registered
637 Posts
Forgot to say ( and out of time to edit my last post - Grrrr ) ... from the wipers being in off position, you need to move the wiper stalk one notch up from off to be in rain sense mode, then you can twirl the end of the stalk to define how sensitive you want your windscreen to be to rain.... for example.... light shower = wipers going into full on monsoon wipe (haha)... or if you prefer a more casual wipe.... it takes a bit of time to get it just right, and you may need a few trips out in the rain (under different downfall rates of rain) to get the control just where you like it.

so remember, on the wiper stalk from off, up one notch is rain sense mode, then up one notch from that is manual standard wipe, and up from that is manual fast wipe. By manual I mean that these modes will remain constant, and not get faster or slower dependent on the rain sensor.

ONLY in rain sense mode ( one notch up from off ) will the wipers automatically come on, get faster and slower dependent on the amount of rain.

·
Registered
47 Posts
And just to add one other small point (oh how we can wax lyrical over such smal nuances of our beloved) the speed of the wipers is also, on the Titanium at least,influenced by the speed that you are traveling. Edited by: Doors44

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DZ, Doors44...thanks much for the info... that clears up the wipers. I do wish they would bring the Owners Manual up to date. Quite a bit has changed, but is not yet in the manual.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Doors44 said:
And just to add one other small point (oh how we can wax lyrical over such smal nuances of our beloved) the speed of the wipers is also, on the Titanium at least,influenced by the speed that you are traveling.
Really? Isn't that just a function of the 'amount of rain falling on the screen' ability?

In medium rain with the car at standstill the wipers will operate at a certain speed set by you. In the same rain they will speed up because more rain is falling on the screen due to speed.

I may be wrong but you seem to imply that there is a separate additional function or am I wrong again lol?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Makem, I may have conflated two aspects of the wipers operation. They certainly speed up and slow down when stationary, but that may be when they are set at one of the settings 'beyond' the first automatic setting.
Cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is it only on top end models that sensors are fitted?

Or indeed which models have this smashing addition

ARM987

1 - 8 of 8 Posts