Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People

So I have had my BMAX for over a year, and still having problems with the rain sensor. It only seems to work when I move the dial.

I have the lights set to Auto, as was told this would control the sensor. Not sure if this was correct.

I was on the motorway yesterday and started to rain, again the sensor never seemed to detect this. I ended up with the wipers on all the time.

Hope someone can advise

Thanks

Geordie

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
My auto wipers work, but max sensitivity is never quite enough. In fact the sensitivity switch seems to make no difference at all. I got fed up with them and eventually ended up turning them off.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Is there anything on the outside of the window partially blocking the sensor, dirt, road film etc etc ?
I know that the Nissan Note was notorious for the same issue, you had to have a spotlessly clean screen for it to work correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Hi All

I am sorry, i never replied to you..... I was looking out for mails to tell me someone had replied however they went to the Junk folder.

So I removed the plastic cover only to think the GPRS Rec was the Rain Sensor.

I then removed the next plastic cover, and to my surprise the sensor popped out.

This was not sitting correct, so i cleaned and well its now working....

I was going down the road happy and smiling the auto is working...

Again sorry for not replying

Though hope somone can advise on the armrest now...

Stay safe people

1 - 8 of 8 Posts