Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed this, is it anyone on this forum:

Hanne Lambley, of Cheltenham, Glos, told Auto Express she bought more than £2,000-worth of factory-fitted extras when she ordered her 14-plate B-MAX from local dealer Bristol Street Motors ""“ including privacy glass, a rear view camera pack, Active City Stop and heated leather seats.
However, in September last year, the car's battery began to continually go flat. Hanne complained to Auto Express: ""The dealer claimed I'd purchased a ""˜Christmas tree' ""“ a car fitted with too many extras ""“ which meant I had to fit a stronger battery in the end to solve the problem.""�

Read more: Watchdog: Raft of extras leads to battery drain on Ford B-MAX | Carbuyer http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/153692/watchdog-raft-of-extras-leads-to-battery-drain-on-ford-b-max

·
Registered
136 Posts
Electric heated seats can have a massive power drain, privacy glass is irrelevant and the reversing camera shouldnt be a big deal as its only powered when you are in reverse. The city stop system will be a continuous but minor drain. There have been reports of B-Max problems caused by software issues that meant some systems like bluetooth not powering down when the ignition was off and I have noticed the 12V power outlets seem to stay live so I make a point of unplugging things like the Sat Nav adaptor.

Typically these issues can be caused by something as simple as the boot or glovebox lights not going off when they are closed. Over a few days this can drain a battery. The best bet is to get someone to check the current drain with a meter when the ignition is off and the doors are closed. The only drain should be from the alaem system

1 - 2 of 2 Posts