Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all can anyone help, I bought my first bmax 2013 plate 1.4 petrol 3 weeks ago, I have noticed that the radiator fan comes on very loud for nearly every journey and stays on till I turn engine back off, is this normal or should I be taking it back to Ford dealer to get it checked out? I'm no good with any car issues so any advice would be very grateful :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
No,I wouldn't think so. Turn the heating off completely to see if it makes any difference.
Bearing in mind if you bought it from a garage it should have a 3 month warranty, did you buy private or from a garage ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
IS the AC on? In that case it may be normal. AC often start radiator fan early on to prevent overheating from additional load and heat from the AC Condenser in front of the radiator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ac light comes on with the heating yes, I always turn off though, I will see how it is in the next few days see if it goes away, to be honest this is the first nearly new car that I had as I have always had older than 10 year old cars that have always screwes up in some way costing me money think that's in the back off my mind that some things going to happen to this car too lol, thanks for the help guys if it carrys on I'm in my 3 month warranty so will take to get checked out :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all can anyone help, I bought my first bmax 2013 plate 1.4 petrol 3 weeks ago, I have noticed that the radiator fan comes on very loud for nearly every journey and stays on till I turn engine back off, is this normal or should I be taking it back to Ford dealer to get it checked out? I'm no good with any car issues so any advice would be very grateful :)
Hi, I am having the same problem with my 2017. Only had the car 4 weeks. Almost every trip out I take its on...even with only 2 degrees on trip. So frustrating

1 - 9 of 9 Posts