Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Recently got a Race Red B-Max Zetec 1.0 100 PS with only around 250 on the clock. Really happy with it. It feels so plush compared to my old year 2000 Fiesta!

The thing that really sold it to me was the head room in the back seat.

The thing I am most unsure about is the seat belt. I need to go on another long journey before I make up my mind about it. After my first journey I had a bit of a sore shoulder but I was fighting the seat belt with my shoulder a lot. I think I'm more relaxed now.

Got a bit of a fright when reversing it into my garage for the first time. Strange clonking noise. Couldn't work out what was happening. It was only later that I worked out it was the aerial hitting the up and over door! Got a slightly shorter one from Halfords now - 5mm screw. It's quite a tight fit width wise on the garage.

James

·
Registered
232 Posts
As far as width is concerned, I have to fold back my near side mirror for safety when garaging. The garages built in 'the old days' were definitely intended for use with narrower vehicles without wing/door mirrors.
Luckily I have old wooden doors, not 'up and over', so the headroom is less of a problem.

Geri

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I do the same with the wing mirror. Reverse most of the way, window down, wing mirror in, continue reversing.

Not sure about the trend for wider cars. Devon roads can be really narrow. Maybe Italian cars are narrower - I don't know!

Sliding door is handy in a garage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The seat belt is fine for me but then I'm not tall at 5 ft 9 in. I'd be interested to know how our taller members get on as there appears to be no height adjustment

·
Registered
232 Posts
I like to think I'm 6' (about half-inch short), but I have no problems with the seatbelt and I have the seat in virtually the most upright position it can be.

Geri
Edited by: Geriatricus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts