Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today from start that only the passenger side of the windscreen dismissed. Never happened before. Today was the first time I used it since the winter. Anybody had a similar experience?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's what I feared. It's out of warranty and the cost of a new screen is going to be big bucks. Don't think I'll bother.

From what I've read on the interweb, even replacement screens pack up too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a design fault. The drivers side fails first due the movement of the wiper arm pushing against the metal heating connector strip on the drivers side. Passenger side remains clear. Demonstration of the is on UTube for a Focus.

·
Registered
311 Posts
As you say, best to forget about it then, although it is handy on those frosty mornings. Then again I've never had it on any other car I've owned.
The other pain can be, that the metal in the screen acts as a Faraday Shield, to some satellite based devices.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oddly, it apears to be working again. Switched it on yesterday morning and bingo! all is well. No idea what's going on...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Oddly, it apears to be working again. Switched it on yesterday morning and bingo! all is well. No idea what's going on...
The Bmax seems to be clever, in that if the battery is not 100%, it will not allow high drain items to work. Maybe try charging the battery fully and see if the screen heater works.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mmmm, interesting, my last service just three weeks ago. The technician (that's what they call them these days) did mention on the report, that the battery was running at 75%. He did add, that was perfectly acceptable. Surley no battery is ever 100%.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Strange that only one side stopped working. You'd think that if one side stops, it should be the passenger side.

Yes, mine also clears the pass side if the battery is low on charge. I did think maybe Ford sold more lhd B-max and that's why. But the wiring harness is surely handed, so I think maybe it's one of those things that failed to get noticed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh well, back on me 'ead again. Packed up midweek. Booked in with Ford dealer for a check. Don't know what that will entail. Mentioned to service chap, that this is a known fault by Ford. His response "we've had a few back. Worse case new windscreen £1000 plus fitting." My response was forget it if that's the case, I'll use my blowers. £1000! for a bloody bit of glass. Someone is having a laugh

1 - 20 of 25 Posts