Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now onto my second B Max - the first was written off after 600 miles 2 weeks ago
Great car and delight to drive

A question. The car came with the dreaded puncture repair kit which was immediately replaced with a spare wheel kit. Is it possible use the inflator which plugs into the 12v power socket and is part of the repair kit as a tyre inflator to pump up the tyres? It seems a shame to throw away a potentially useful item.
regards
FF

·
Registered
136 Posts
The supplied kit includes an inflator that Ford says is usable for topping up pressures etc so it should be OK although it looks a little wimpy and may struggle with a fully deflated tyre. I have one of the Michelin Rapid Tyre inflators whichdoes a very nicejob even on fully flat tyres and it has an automatic cut out when the set pressure is reached. That said it costs more than the entire Ford kit including tyre sealant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya Keith W. I realised what a daft question I'd posed when I got the inflator out and had a good look at it, which was after I posted my question.
The inflator pump will indeed pump the tyres up and as such is a useful addition to the other detritus in the boot. Thank you for responding
regards
FF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts