Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I hope someone out there can help me. I have a 63 plate B-Max and it has a bad pull to the left when driving, I've had the tracking done and put on new tyres and it's still doing it. As you pull away it starts to pull but as you come to a slow to a stop you can see the steering wheel straighten and stop pulling. Please can someone give us a clue as to whats happening as this is doing my Husbands head in trying to work it out. Thanks Carla

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Assuming that the car has matching front tyres, that the tyre pressures are even and it's not a binding brake, then I would suggest that perhaps whoever did the tracking did not do it right. You may need to have the tracking double checked.

I assume that the vehicle has had no accident damage which has affected the geometry.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. The tracking has been done twice, it's had new discs and pads and both tyres are matching all done less than 300 miles. Could it be the steering rack? The roads round here are riddled with pot holes some of which you can't see and have been hit.

Carla

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi and welcome,

Sorry if this mails covers ground already tramped across, but it may assist people trying to help.

Firstly, which engine/model/transmission do you have?
2nd : Did you have a front wheel alignment check or a full four-wheel laser check? (I ask this because I had a similar problem on a C-Max which was only cured with the full Monty revealing one of the rears was not correctly set up.
3rd : Was the camber/castor checked, as this is adjustable and can be moved by impact?
4th : It sounds like this started suddenly, do you have any recollection of an associated event, pothole/kerbing, redistribution of load etc.?
5th Did it start before or after the new tyres were put on? There have been reports of some individual tyres not being compatible with seemimgly identical tyres of the same make.

As I say, having had a similar intactable problem you have my sympathy so best of luck.

Geri

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.