Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 1.0L 120PS Titanium a week or so now and noticed a rattle underneath. Had it checked out and found it was a loose exhaust heat shield.

Also had a service error pop up - related to the air intake. No problem found and fault was cleared.

Has anybody found that the wooden board, the top one which lays loosely above the spare wheel stowage tends to rattle when traveling over rough ground? There is nothing to hold it in place and it is a loose fit so liable to rattle I think.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Boot bounce!

I will have to go to the dealer to get the boot looked at. Just doesnt close unless you slam it and hold it down for a second.
Also getting a motor noise when i shut the driver door. Sounds like the folding mirror motor but it's not coming from that area.

Anybody else think the headlight are poor??

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it is boot bounce, nor is it the wood thing which is not wood above the spare wheel. I took my daughter and son-in-law who has quitie a bit car knowledge out and said, "there, can you here that noise?" They both said it is tyre noise and normal until a few thousand miles are done.

I never had similar sounds in my new Celica but it was a sports car. S/law says must expect 'hardness' from a high new vehicle.

The boot closes very easily, just a quick put on the handle and it goes straight down, clicking shut without assistance. All the doors close normally without unusual sounds.

As for the headlights, I have no complaint but have only used dipped in town.

Found the heated seats buttons today. 2 x 3 position switches.

Found that the wiper sensors don't know the screen is wet if it is wet when you first start the engine in the morning. A quick flick and it then knows.

EDIT: Just had a thought - I suppose you do know the headlights can be raised and lowered?

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I find I also need to keep the headlights fully up.

I am having the OS housing replaced as I noticed whitish marks on the headlamp lens (The one which looks like a projector). The marks are only noticeable with dipped lights on and looking closely, straight into the lens. Since noticing that I have noticed similar on the NS lens. That housing is also being replaced when they become available.

I don't think the marks would decrease the light output noticeably but they should not be there. Something to do with installation when the housings where manufactured I think.

I would like a way to change the automatic light 'on' setting. I find they come on when I would not normally use headlights. I tend to turn them to the 'off' position and manually turn them on when I decide too. It all helps saves fuel

·
Registered
54 Posts
I also find they are on even in bright daytime light (the streetlights have long gone off).I had auto lights on my civic + they were better but still not brilliant (i keep saying my last civic was better BUT i dopreferthe Bmax!)

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Are the sensors on the top of the windscreen? They are not dirty or anything are they - i.e - they think it's still dark?

·
Registered
54 Posts
No dirt.

The dealer rest the sensor when it when in before xmas for the boot to be looked at (stilldoesn'tshut first time!!!)

Made nodifference lightsstill on this morning when it was quite bright. - wasting power so loss of MPG!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
@makem You say you've found the heated seat buttons. Where are they please? I assumed heated driver's seat was standard in the 1.6 dci Titanium but I can't find any buttons relating to it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use a manual which I obtained online from a link provided somewhere in this forum.

In that manual (which may be different from the hard copy you have) on page 69 it shows the layout of the climate control. Heated seating is indicated by a small drawing of a seat on either side of the central main A/C switch which is the lowest central switch on that panel. (H & J) The information about this heating is on page 80.

Cars with both manual and automatic climate control show these but they appear different in manual to the one I have in Auto. Mine are in the same positions but have 3 buttons for each seat.(J) They are for low, medium and high heat temperatures and they glow red when on. You may see a drop in mpg when you use them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ah, thank you. It looks like I don't have the heated seat facility! There's just a blank bit on my automatic panel where the manual says the button is.That's a bit naughty as I thought it was standard.
<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Dave. I thought it was just my car that had these problems! (Doors beeping, wipers not going auto etc).It seems they all suffer the same!I have noticed the auto headlamps come on even in bright sun, butthey tend to go out after a few minutes driving. They are certainly not on when I get to my destination. Maybe they carry on where they left off, so to speak. If they were on when you got home last night, they come on next day then sense that it's daytime and turn off. Just a thought??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts