Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have only had bmax about six weeks. Yesterday I had a malfunction message and a warning light come on in the dash. Has anybody else had this problem. It's something to do with the powertrain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep,I had the same light and message come up last week,took it to the dealership who put a diagnostic test on it.Found absolutely nothing wrong with it,but happened again the next day.Hasn't done it since.Both times I noticed a message saying drivers door not shut just before the malfunction message.Also mentioned to the mechanic about a constant buzzing sound-apparently it's the fuel pump which they can't do anything about(I have the 1.6 auto petrol)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Under the same time scale (and as I have the same automatic as yourself) that would mean next week I should see the same errors... will be interesting to see if they do show up..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The exact same thing happened to me septicscull. They say they are waiting for a software update. I got a call from ford saying this also. I have a 1.6 auto as well and I'm not very. Happy with the mpgs, am now getting 37 mpg. How is yours doing. Also welcome to the forum , it's good to hear everybody else's problems and how they try to solve them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
At the moment I'm getting about 34 mpg-compared with about 28 mpg from my 2litre C-Max.Only doing round about 30 miles a day,to and from work along small urban roads.Had to fill C-Max up every week( sometimes slightly more often)but so far with the B-Max once every 10 days.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I stay in the centre of Falkirk . Last week had a trip to Perth , maybe that's why mine is a bit higher. Also had a 2.0 ltr auto cmax and was getting 32 mpg. We seem to be getting the same cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yes, 6 or 7 times first 200 miles gone now, except yesturday for 2 secs I have 1600 auto white. She stalls for a split second when given her a bit of welly,not good. Hope yours ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello I also bought the 1.6 auto. I didn't test drive it because the I need an adapted car with hand controls. It gets delivered next week and I wondered what to expect regarding fuel consumption and what the engine's like. I've read some reviews that state the 1.6 petrol engine is thirsty and the oldest in the range.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a 1.6 auto as well. At first the mpg was about 34mpg after about 3500mls it is now up to 41mpg. I'm quite happy with that as I don't do much motorway driving. As far as god is not great, sorry to disagree with you because god is great. Engine is very nippie.
Robert Downie. Born again Christian .Edited by: Robertdownie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts