Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm back.
So had a look at my he meriva and not suited for mum access disability.
Back to ford!
So how are those of you that have a powershift coping?
Is it definitely going to be as bad as scrapping it?
What happens if I get a 3 year old model from dealer or elsewhere and automatic breaks down?
Please help

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got my 3 yr old 1.6 auto bmax from Carbase and after 6 months the juddering gearbox reared its ugly head, it was fixed about a week ago by ford by updating the software for free. They also extended the warranty for 5 years on the gearbox alone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you get the warranty on the gearbox extended as my gearbox needs replacing at 48000 miles and as the clutch plate needs a fourth re-callibration I am considering going to the small claims court. I would like to know if anyone has done that?

·
Registered
273 Posts
It's worth going to your Ford dealer and ask them to 'confirm' that clutch warranty is now 5 years. let them know that you are aware of it.Their response may depend on Ford (or other) service history.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I enquired about the extended guarantee that ford are supposed to be offering with this problem but if you have had warranty work done on it the extended guarantee apparently doesn't apply.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
mshaw67 said:
Hi, I enquired about the extended guarantee that ford are supposed to be offering with this problem but if you have had warranty work done on it the extended guarantee apparently doesn't apply.
That's rediculous. Ford trying the old brush off again.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have had 3 separate fixes on the clutch and have been told that it still has a 5yr warranty date of original registration.Apparently each Ford has its own 'file' on Ford's system and as long as it is recorded there, you're OK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are now 2 titles on forum 're same problem. Don't bother with computer updates Tec. Book in all you like problem will reoccurring. Check forum title automatic transmission and let's take some action. Ford very good at sending us back to dealers to fix. Doesn't happen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.