Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all
I am waiting for my new 1.6 Powershift model, due mid November. Does anyone own one?

I have always had manuals but the wife decides she wanted an auto this time out so we settled.

anyone have any particular horror stories or indeed good stories about the gear box, smooth ride, punchy etc from this type of engine and box.

unfortunately the dealer had no powershift b max's when we purchased so I could only test drive a manual.

many thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh bugger, quite a lot of posts- thanks jackook - I will take a look and hope for the best and bear all the comments in mind. Thanks again

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Macca, there is another link with 20 pages of comments about the Auto, but I cannot find it, maybe one of our senior members will know were it is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jackook
different subject so apologies, but how do you get the footer/disclaimer still text at the bottom of your posts? Cheers

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Macca, do you mean this at the bottom of my posts? jackkook 1.6tdci Titanium Moondust Silver,30/06/2014, if you do click the small triangle along side your name, then click profile, then scroll down to signature and enter whatever you want to appear on all your posts automatically.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had a 1.6 Petrol Powershift sport for several months and so far it works beautifully. I dont use the sport very much as I am retired and most of driving is local and about town. The car was a year old when purchased and I did wonder why first owner got rid of it so soon. However thus far I have no complaints.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mugadoon said:
I have had a 1.6 Petrol Powershift sport for several months and so far it works beautifully. I dont use the sport very much as I am retired and most of driving is local and about town. The car was a year old when purchased and I did wonder why first owner got rid of it so soon. However thus far I have no complaints.
good to hear that
i may order a powershift through motability in feb
so what average mpg would i expect to achieve

·
Registered
2 Posts
hI, Sorry if i am late. Havent been on the forum for some time.

Anyway further to my last post. I am getting what i consider a good mileage return.Locally I am getting between 36-40 MPG. On a run, and I havent done many of those so far I managed a respectable 51. Coming from a Mondeo Diesel 2.0 these are quite remarkable figures.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Good to hear from you Mugadoon, there must be some others who have a kind word to say about the Powershift, let us hear from you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have aPowershift, I've been getting 40.7MPG on a run to Folkestone and back from Derbyshire.. that's at 70 MPH (80 really) and some spirited departures from Traffic Lights etc.
I like the car but I came from a 210 BHP 2.7 V6 Bi Turbo Coupe to this so its still taking me some getting used to.

I have a mobility issue so I have had Autos since 1996, and have never had an issue, its more refined and you can have a mug of tea and change gear at the same time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts