Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And here I was really looking forward to getting one...
Not so sure after reading all the posts regarding this. As I probably would be buying from independent, I wouldn't get ford to entertain me!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I got mine from an independent (former Ford dealer) who helped me through two different sets of seals, four software updates and, finally, some new hardware. Touching wood, it is now very smooth and given all the other Bmax benefits, it's a very good car, NOW.Ford are extending Clutch warranty to 5 years IF YOU ASK.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
So if I buy a 2015 model from car giant or motor point, is the ford warranty transferred to me?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, not looked at one. Still looking, narrowed down to skoda Octavia, Nissan note/pulsar or Toyota verso

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes the warranty transfers, might be worth asking your local Ford dealer if they know about the extension to 5 years. It would be good to see this written down officially somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought new Powershift in February 2014. Car now done 8500kms. (I live in Spain). Transmission judder has just started. Fine when cold but as engine/transmission warms up judder comes in during up changes in lower gears around town. Worse if heavy foot used or car is loaded.Disappointing as this car is fine otherwise.
Going in for service next month. Watch this space.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am writing to invite all those with 1600cc automatics to try a different technique to overcome the design weakness of this combination.

If you adapt your approach and in situations where you anticipate being held in traffic for long periods I am suggesting putting the lever in neutral, and applying the hand brake.

I suggest this will prevent the components overheating and then causing judder when you set off again.

If I am correct the gearbox has a fundamental design flaw whereby the dragging clutch which usually prevents automatics from running backwards at a standstill is unable to handle the heat build up.

If your experience differs then please let me know.

Edward

1 - 10 of 10 Posts