Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 13 plate 1.6 petrol B max with the 6 speed powershift automatic box, this car is my retirement gift. The car has just had its first service at 8500 miles, about 10 days before the service I started to notice a judder in 1st and 2nd gears , after that the box was as smooth as always. This only happened when the engine/box was warmed up and also on more spirited acceleration, I must add generally I do not use spirited acceleration! On the service I reported this to my Ford garage and they had a look at it, they said that the first technician who test drove the car could not find a problem, they sent another technician for a test drive (engine now warmed up !) and he found the judder. So the car was booked in and they had it for 10 days, on collection 24/07/14 as soon as the car was warm the problem was still there, but not so bad. They had done a re-set of the computer and remarked that Ford insisted that this procedure was followed before they could do any other remedial work. So a phone call this morning 25/07/14 we will find out what they want to do next.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave

I have ordered the same vehicle as yours and awaiting imminent delivery from Dagenham (been there a week now). Your gearbox, together with others I've read about on this forum, is beginning to be cause for concern to me and I'm wondering if I should cancel when it arrives. ? Are you satisfied with the vehicle, apart from your recent misfortune with the gearbox?.

Jaycee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do not worry about the car it is really nice to drive and use, there is one small downside to having a sliding door, it is more difficult to clean the inside of the sliding door. The gearbox niggle is a small one that Fords version seems to have. The box has been used by other manufacturers for a long time, I had been driving Volvo artics for the 8 years up to retirement they have the same box ! What colour have you ordered ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tectonic silver with front and rear sensors and mudflaps all round........if I decide to accept it after a thorough test run. Decisions..decisions.

Thanks for the support info....I feel a little more positive about it.
Jaycee

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same car as Carpman at 4,590 miles it's been in for JUDDER problems 3 times on the last visit
Ford Technical Department deemed the fault was not in the parameters required to be repaired under
Warranty even though the problem is existing and will deteriorate.Will check again on first service
this August.
wooden uk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car has exactly the same problem, it's a 13 plate. I told the dealer about it on its first service and they re set whatever they re set. Driving home today in heavy traffic the judder was worse than ever, so back to the dealer on Monday. The car has only done 6000 miles

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our Bmax done this from 1k miles!! it's now done 18k and we ended up having the clutch pack replaced under warranty, the car was away for 4 weeks! got it back and within two/three days it was back in the garage, go to overtake, TC light comes on kills all power and eventually stalls the engine, it's been away for 3 weeks so far!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same model , same problem ! 62 plate , 16k miles . Moving from up through the 10 - 20 mph range , if I don't accelerate very gradually & carefully then I get the juddering . It's tricky to manage at first (2nd hand car) but I've got the hang of it now . Having read the above , it seems obvious that I might well be better off just learning to live with it !! IMHO there is obviously a design fault here - a problem between the 1.6 engine & the auto gearbox that should have been spotted & wasn't . Oh , & the heater controls.....don't get me started (just glad I don't have fat fingers) . More importantly , currently looking for a spacesaver , jack etc as I have NO CONFIDENCE WHATSOEVER in the temporary tyreblow-up gizmo . But that's another story/thread ! Overall.....the car's fine for what we need at the moment .Cheers , Ric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm Kjeld Wiinblad from Denmark +4524450777
I also have a B - max with the exact same problem, has also been in the garage, who could not feel it, they said they were unaware of the problem.
I had copied the text from this forum, witch I gave them , but still have not heard anything , it is now about 1 month ago . And the problem increase from day to day.
Are there any here who have something in writing from a dealer , I would like to hear about it
mail: [email protected]
thank you in advance .

all hope the problem will write here , the more we have the better chance to get Ford in speech

regards
kjeld

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys,

After nearly 8 weeks my mums car came back, they ended up replacing the crankshaft position sensor, the plate that drives it and the flywheel!

Tell us what my dad said thankfully it's all been done under warranty

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem on my b-max zetec 1.6 auto (63 plate). It's booked in at the garage on 27th Oct...I'll be interested to see what they say. All my symptoms are exactly as you describe.

Delboy01

·
Registered
16 Posts
My mum has had the same problem with her B-max.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">We ended up having the clutch pack replaced and then a few weeks later, a new flywheel and crankshaft position sensor!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have a 62 plate b max auto i reported the gearbox judder to dealer said they couldn't find a problem I let them look again as it warmed up and mechanic said it was clutches , they kept car for 2 weeks then on return all fine drove perfect then sat 25 October 2014 again judders worse than before dealers again tomorrow I guess

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi I
had so much trouble with my auto box .. AT 1900 miles it had to be replaced the judder was so bad after 43 of its first 60 days in the garage.. hill assist was stuck on and the complete brakes up front were replaced.. car is rubbish

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hej,
My car has been to the dealer, and i have been i contact with Ford Denmark, they do not want to do something with the car, but they have extended the warranty

"Garantibulletin (WB 5 / 2014) - Servicekampagner: 4W567 ""“ Powershift-transmission (DPS6/6DCT250) garantiforlængelsesprogram."

i am shure the know the problem, but dont know what to do !!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I tend to agree with Kjeld.

The reason is that this appears to be a problem across the range of vehicles using this gearbox and not just the B-Max (see Fiesta boards). The assumption must be that the dual clutch auto has a fundamental weakness which its creators are currenly unable to address.

With that in mind, I suspect that a different design is being created/tested, but that this is a long term solution and is unlikely to help the current generation of cars.

Shame, because at one time Ford boxes were generally regarded as the slickest, smoothest mass-production units available.

Geri

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too have the same engine / gearbox and am having the same problem. The engineer who came along for a test drive said Ford were aware of the issues and were in the throes of narrowing the clutch adjustment margins on the on board computer. I'm waiting with interest but would be grateful of hearing the outcome of your case so that I can have some idea of what the future holds in store!

JRB Wakefield

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hej igen
, jeg
har nu flere
gange
været i kontakt med
den
danske
Ford