Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Light has come on, not sure what the light is, could it be power train?
It is white, bottom left of info panel and looks like a little cog but without the exclamation mark in the middle, instead it has a little circlelooks a bit like this
but with more teeth and in white as I said.

Any ideas what it is?

Geoff

·
Registered
103 Posts
snowflake shape? does it seem to glow orange?

other than that cant see anything else in the manual anywhere near what you describe

Edited by: philnicandamy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Phil, it's not a snowflake it is definitely a gear shape with a circle in the middle, in white and it is on the info panel.
I had a good read through the book, (time I did that anyway!) and couldn't find anything like it.

I will ring my Ford serviceman tomorrow, he is pretty good, in fact the sevice dept at Ford Redditch is pretty good. Unusual or what

Geoff

·
Registered
418 Posts
It is very similar to the fan speed indicator; but of course that is located in the radio information panel.Does it light up when you turn the ignition on ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes John it lights up when the ignition is turned to first click and stays on.
It is on the radio panel but never lights up orange, it just stays white. Turning the fan on off etc makes no difference to it.

I don't think it's important, but if it's not there on anybody else's then I will let the dealer have a look.

Thanks Geoff

·
Registered
418 Posts
On the basis that red warning lights mean * Oh God our help in Ages Past *; yellow lights less urgent warnings, I think your light might just be Christmas decorations.
I have a push button control for engine starting, from what you say I guess you have a key; so it is probably just an indicator to inform you the ignition is turned on. Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input John,
It does come on when the ignition is turned on, it then stays on until, wait for it, the door is opened!

I have decided it is of no consequence and it can wait until I take it in for something else or I am passing the door of the dealers.

Geoff

·
Registered
418 Posts
That sounds even more odd !! Presumably shutting the door then reverts to the light being on. Have you tried opening all the doors one at a time to see if the same thing happens; and do any other lights ignite if a door is not properly shut.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The normal "door open" warning works as usual. When the ignition is on or at 1st click the thing is on and stays on. It stays on when the ignition is turned off. It then goes off when the drivers or passengerdoor is opened.
The rear doors or boot make no difference.

I will go and see my dealer tomorrow and report back.

Geoff

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I emailed the pic to my dealer. They came back after a while to report that the symbol is an "instrument cluster stand by light". It will go off after 20 mins of inactivity or when the passenger door or drivers door is opened.
Makes sense as things must be on standby for a while to activate bluetooth and synch etc if it is needed.

Other than that it serves no purpose.

There is no mention of it in the book, how nice it would be if Ford added a couple of lines to tell us what it was. (I mention this as I know Ford monitor this and other forums, good stuff).

So it looks like the mystery might be solved. The last few words were those famous words beloved by all dealers the world over "They all do that sir". If you know different please let me know.

Geoff

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes the handbook can be a little misleading. Three push buttonswitches all marked J cover the windscreen demisting, windscreen heater and rear screen demister. Two on the top row, and one on the bottom. As the top left button will operate when just the ignition is on, I assume this to be the windscreen demisting, and with the other two requiring the engine running, I assume the top one is for windscreen heating, and the lower one for rear screen and outside mirror demisting. I find the whole exercise a little hazardous at 70 m.p.h. on a wet motorway night.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Big surprise!
There are errors in the handbook, the best one so far is the instructions for replacing the side repeater bulb. The method of dismantling the mirror housing shownis (I think), the one for the C-Max. The correct way seems to be the one shown in theFiesta handbook!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I damaged the glass in the drivers side mirror. The mirror was in several pieces, but for the life of me I could not reassemble, five hands would have been a help. The dealer did it in seconds. A new heated mirror glass is around £34 plus vat !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts