Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently awaiting delivery of my B Max in early July. While waiting, I have been reading every bit of information I can find on the B Max. It seems that many people are unhappy with the dual-clutch transmission for reasons too numerous to list here. Additionally, some are unhappy with the 1.6, 105 HP motor. I know a number of club members have this transmission and motor, therefore, I am requesting your experience and your thoughts on my selection. Thanks in advance for any advice you can supply.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I love it... you do not get any kick back on changing gear. Other then hearing the gear change, you would be fooled into thinking it's one continuous gear. It's the most comfortable ride of any vehicle I have ever had. Pressing the manual Gear up / down buttons on the auto gear stick, again seamless gear changes that you just do not feel.... if I could gripe about anything, it would be that on some hill climbs, it still favours higher gears, where I would perhaps drop a gear to help the engine out...

Other then that, it is a fantastic feature in my opinion, and would be interested to hear all the failings that others have had with the duel clutch. Are these failings specific to the Bmax, or complaints from other ford vehicles that also have the duel clutch system?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Hal, I have a 1.6 automatic. The auto gearbox is great. No problems at all. I've had three autos and I find the bmax just as good as the cmax and Nissan note I've had. So you don't need to worry about the powershift.
Robert.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robert, thanks much for your input I really appreciate it. Actually, most of the problems that I read about concerned the 2011 and early 2012 models. I am assuming that the power shift automatics are identical in the B Max, Fiesta, Focus and the S and C Max. I had hoped there would be more input to the problems but still feel good about what I received. There is very little documentation covering the B Max and the 1.6 liter engine with the automatic transmission. Thanks again to you and D_Z for your time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts