Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New here I'm possibly going to purchase an 2015 1.6 automatic I've read all the nightmare stories and it's putting me off a bit but the car ticks so many boxes for me being a disabled driver. Do you think/know if the 2015 automatic has had the gear box issues improved?? 9k they want for it but after reading older posts I'm now having worries.

Cheers in advance for any replies

·
Registered
264 Posts
Kevin1969 said:
Hi

New here I'm possibly going to purchase an 2015 1.6 automatic I've read all the nightmare stories and it's putting me off a bit but the car ticks so many boxes for me being a disabled driver. Do you think/know if the 2015 automatic has had the gear box issues improved?? 9k they want for it but after reading older posts I'm now having worries.

Cheers in advance for any replies
If it has the latest Clutch pack, made available around November 2017, then it's a great car.
I had more than one clutch pack, only the last being of the latest design, as they were 'using up' old design one first!
Insist on having proof of the latest clutch pack being fitted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi just been to garage and they are going to put on the lastest pack re clutch issues car is may 15 and 14500k. I hope I've made good decision

·
Registered
264 Posts
Kevin1969 said:
Hi just been to garage and they are going to put on the lastest pack re clutch issues car is may 15 and 14500k. I hope I've made good decision

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you will have the latest clutch pack, then you have made a good decision

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fingers crossed. They are going to give me all paperwork etc so hoping it's latest pack. He mentioned something about a recall.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think you will be more than happy with the car. I have the powersift and it seems to be ok.
One thing worth checking (awkward in the summer I know) is whether the heated windscreen is
working properly. It is common to find one side isn't working, usually meaning a new screen.
The only downside I have found, is the fuel consumption. If using it mainly around town (as we do) don't expect more than about 33mpg. On a run we've had it up to 50mpg.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked it up Thursday and after the car is warmed up I'd say around 30 miles into a drive. I have the dreaded judder at 20 to 30 mph. Despite being told by main dealer new clutch pack on it. So I'll be phoning first thing Monday. Sad thing is car ticks every box for my family so it's our ideal car. ˜˜

·
Registered
311 Posts
number6 said:
If you will have the latest clutch pack, then you have made a good decision

Our powershift started to get the judders a couple of months back, but giving it an Italian service (accelerating hard from a standing start) seemed to do the trick. Now it's started doing it again.
A trip to the Ford dealer is on my agenda for the morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts