Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just bought a new ford b-max as my first car ever, I only drove it for a week but I couldn't be more happy with the car.

However I have 2 questions/issues.

1) Position lights always on
One of my friends noticed that the position lights are always on while driving, I'm not sure how to turn them off and I couldn't find anything in the manual.
They turn off when I turn the light beams on, but in my country is not necessary to always have the light beams on while driving in the city, anyone know if the position lights can be deactivated.

2) First Gear feels a little clunky
When I go in the first gear it feels forced, especially when I'm at a stop sign or when I have to stop the car while driving, I'm not sure if it's normal or not. The issue is not there when going in any other gear, not even in reverse. I always make sure the clutch is well pressed before going in the first gear.

It's a 1l ecoboost, 100hp gasoline manual beauty :).

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Diez

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi spanudiez, welcome to the forum and b max ownership.I have same model, now17 months old. As far as i am aware the position lights can NOT be turned off. (Which country are you in?) I have not had any problems when sellecting first gear so far but dont know about other owners, so perhaps the gear sellection will improve after a few more miles/klms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Redfive, thank you so much for your answer!

I'm from Romania. Good to know I'm not doing something wrong with the position lights.

I'll see how the first gear fares after 10.000km, it's not annoying I'm just afraid to do something wrong to the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts