Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am hoping someone can help with advise on how to remove the Pollen filter on my RHD 2012 Ford B-Max Titanium.
I have watched one or two YouTube videos on how to replace the filter and they all look quite simple.
I have removed the driver's side central tunnel panel and the plastic cover over the filter. I can withdraw the filter about 1 inch or so and that is as far as I can get it. There are 2 pipes and a metal bracket blocking it from coming any further no matter how I pull and twist it. The metal bracket appears to be part of the body and fixed, and the pipes I assume are part of the heater system. I can see no way of removing either.
Any help/advise would be gratefully received.

Regards.

Easydozit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The filter comes out from the passenger side of the car.
Removing the glove box gives more room but it can be done without removing it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The filter comes out from the passenger side of the car.
Removing the glove box gives more room but it can be done without removing it.
Hi Wiggy,

Thanks for the reply.
After quite a struggle I managed to remove the central tunnel panel on the passengers side of the car, and I have to say that the filter cannot come out on that side (at least not on my B-Max), there isn't any removable panel on that side for the filter to come out of the housing.
As I said I have watched one or two YouTube videos of the filter being removed, and they have all been on the right hand side. In the service manual it also shows it on the right hand side.
As I also said I had managed to get the filter part way out just cannot get it past the obstructions.

Regards.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very odd !
Mine came out on the passenger side, very easily too.
Also i had no obstructions in the way of the filter coming out of it's housing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very odd !
Mine came out on the passenger side, very easily too.
Also i had no obstructions in the way of the filter coming out of it's housing.
Hi Wiggy,

I wonder if there is a difference with certain models, mine is a 2012 RHD Titanium, 1.0ltr 120bhp Turbo.

Having removed the centre tunnel panel, (driver's side) the rest i.e. the four screws holding the panel over the filter housing are all the same as the ones in the YouTube videos, but when it comes to actually completely removing the filter that is where it appears to differ, with the obstructions blocking the filter at it's top edge.

Regards.

·
Registered
210 Posts
They must be different.
Mine is a 2015 RHD 1.0 Zetec and there are no screws holding the filter housing in, just a clip.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My previous 2013 B-Max 1.0 Titanium pollen filter also came out from the pass side same as Wiggys’.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts