Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, could someday tell me why Fords put a thin plastic cover over the brake fluid, inside the brake reservoir.Is it only on the 2014 Bmax, as a Focus of the same year doesn't have one as normal? Thanks.

·
Registered
510 Posts
does not sound normal,
usually the only reason to put a film/seal on a reservoir is if changing slave cylinders to save it draining **, and then you must remove it after.
** clutch or brake, and these have a combined reservoir
can you post a picture?
EDIT
I see you are also trying to bleed the clutch in other posts.

·
Registered
299 Posts
No reason for it to be there other than to stop fluid draining away when you service or bleed the brakes as Gremlin pointed out.
It could also stop the brakes working as efficiently as they should i imagine.

·
Registered
510 Posts
No reason for it to be there other than to stop fluid draining away when you service or bleed the brakes as Gremlin pointed out.
It could also stop the brakes working as efficiently as they should i imagine.
yep and maybe exactly the reason why he feels it necessary to try to bleed the the brake and clutch.
OP please give us a photo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gremlin, for the pic and info, next task is to see if will pull out, so I can drain fluid to max level.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thats weird !
How does brake fluid get into the resevoir with the plactic cover in the way ?
It must just pull out surely ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, it's just a filter. could be that someone changed the pads and overfilled the reservoir.
I've done the same with power steering (not on b-max!) and took the excess out with a syringe.
The level will go down anyway as the pads wear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts