Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 2017 Ford B-Max and a Nokia 3 Android mobile. The mobile SYNC with no problem, but the phone book is empty. I have tried to use the manual and auto-load phonebook features on the car but this does not work. I have deleted the phone and reloaded it, but that does not work either. I have also tried sending the phonebook direct from the mobile to the car and the fault message is: VCF not sent, and Transfer Forbidden by Target Device.

I had the mobile phone technicians check the phone and they say the problem is caused by the Ford software not being up-to-date/compatible.
I have checked the Ford website and the Nokia 3 is supposed to be compatible.
I have contacted Ford with all the details but they were no help at all!!!

Can anyone offer a solution??

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hello Cathyn and welcome.
Put PHONEBOOK into the search box, top right to find previous posts on this subject.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi Cathyn. I strobgly suspect the problem is where your contacts are saved on the fone you are using. Now I can't remember exactly where they need to be stored, but if they are are your fone, moved them to the sim card, and so on.... If they're stored on your cloud then move them. Try syncing every time you mover them. You'll get there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If some or no contacts transfer to your car phonebook it may be because your contacts are on your SIM card and not in your phone memory. Only the contacts in your phone memory are transferred.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,

The contacts are definitely on the Phone!

I also recently made the mistake of deleting the pairing and then Syncing again to see if that would help, and now it will not even pair!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi again Cathyn. I realise that your contacts are stored on your phone, but it could be where abouts on your phone that is the problem. You have the phone itself or the sim card where they can be stored. Good luck though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts